Saturday, September 4, 2010

Forever young

It's DF's birthday tonight and the missus has organised a big BBQ. I'm bowing to majority consensus and reduxing mini pavlovas and bite-sized creme brulee.

Birthdays bring mixed feelings for me. On one hand, I dread getting older and saggier, but at the same time, it's a relief that my life is moving forward. Nonetheless, age is a state of mind and I'm determined to be forever young even though my arse is telling me otherwise.

In any case, today has already started out well. On my way to the supermarket, a bus driver gave way on the nasty u-turn, and a short distance later I reciprocated by giving way as he turned out of the bus lane. When things like that happen, I once again believe in the goodness of people and that life would move forward so much better if everyone was just that bit kinder.



We drove to Cali
And got drunk on the beach
Got a motel and
Built a fort out of sheets
I finally found you
My missing puzzle piece
I'm complete

Let's go all the way tonight
No regrets, just love
We can dance, until we die
You and I, we'll be young forever

You make me feel like I'm livin' a
Teenage dream

1 comment: