Sunday, September 5, 2010

Health kick

I feel damn fat. My mouth is writing cheques my ass keeps cashing.

All in all, it's bad news so I'm taking it healthy this week. For starters, I'm jogging/walking again and putting those yoga videos from GBF to good use.

But, all that exercise isn't going to do me any good if I keep stuffing my face with naughty things. Therefore, this week will be relatively healthy food. And I stress the "relatively".

I can't count calories for shit, and I refuse to eat anything plain and steamed. Healthy doesn't mean bland and tasteless. There has to be a better way.

I reckon if I keep to a few ground rules, this should be a fairly high nutrient and low calorie/GI menu.

First, no butter, cream or excessive refined carbs.

Second, no deep frying.

Third, lots and lots of fresh vegetables and lean meats.

When it comes to healthy eating, I'm a big believer of portion control and good ol' fashioned fresh food. If I can keep to the three ground rules, I think I'll be ok.

The line-up this week will be:

No comments:

Post a Comment