Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lavender Iced Tea


I heart lavender. Love the scent in my home, love the perfume, and even the fake smelling air freshener in my car and toilet. Just love the stuff.

I scored a big bag of dried Egyptian lavender and decided it would be a shame to use it as potpourri.

Lavender tea is a snap to make. Steep flowers in freshly boiled water, about 2 tablespoons dried lavender to every litre of water is the basic proportion. Add sugar to taste. It's weird, as I'm getting older, my tastebuds are rejecting overly sweet flavours, so I use about 2 tablespoons of sugar to every litre of water.

Bottle and chill in the fridge. To serve, pour in a long glass over ice and garnish with a few sprigs of mint.

Refreshing, floral and soothing on a hot sunny day. The perfect way to chase away tension and blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment