Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mind the gap

Undecided about whether or not to cook today. Saturdays are "gap" days. Where there's no one to feed and palming food off to the office on Monday means stuff won't keep.

The weather looks a little undecided as well. Not quite sunny, with rainclouds building up on the horizon. The neighbours are quarelling again and I really hope no one gets flung out the balcony. All in all, a fairly melancholy afternoon.

This kind of day calls for comfort food of some kind. Plenty of carbs and lots of flavour in a single bowl I can shovel into my mouth with one hand. Considering the size of my arse lately, maybe I should just go for a run instead.



When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

No comments:

Post a Comment